WELCOME TO HUMMEL CROTON INC.
Hummel Croton Inc was formed in 1989 with the merger of Hummel Chemical Company and Croton Chemical Company
Hummel Chemical Company was founded In 1913 under a partnership of Mr. August Hummel and Mr. Robinson. Twenty years later Mr. Hummel acquired full control of the Company. The offices were on Cedar and West Streets in Lower Manhattan. The plant was located in Brooklyn. Mr. Hummel catered his business to the display fireworks industry. With the outbreak of World War II many of Mr. Hummelí»s display fireworks customers became ordnance manufacturers.
In 1978 Mr. James Vreeland and B.F. Schoen acquired Croton Chemical Company from Allied Chemical Company. Croton Chemical Company operated separately until 1989 when B.F. Schoen merged the two companies forming Hummel Croton Inc. Also in 1989 B.F Schoen became President and CEO.
Under the direction of B.F. Schoen Hummel Croton has expanded its chemical manufacturing capabilities. They manufacture inorganic peroxides, melamine derivatives, salts of oxalic acid and specialty chemicals needed by the ordnance and specialty chemical industries. Hummel Croton Inc is still owned and operated by the Schoen Family.
SERVICE TO GOVERMENT AND INDUSTRY SINCE 1913